The Fountain Inn Fire Department can trace its roots to 1933. Then a volunteer organization, the record of service in the early part of the 20th century is remembered with great respect.
The current Fire Department has evolved to meet the needs of a growing community. The department is a combination of 20 paid Firefighters, EMTs, and Paramedics, 7 Part-time, and 2 Volunteers. The Department works out of its headquarters station behind City Hall on Main Street and two substations. One substation is located on Jenkins Bridge Road and we share a station with Clear Spring Fire Department on East Georgia Road. They provide full-time protection for the city and fire service area of Greenville and Laurens Counties.
Well equipped for fire and rescue in urban and rural environments, the department’s equipment includes five pumpers, a 100' platform truck, one service truck, 2 brush trucks for grass fires, a rescue squad vehicle, a utility pickup truck, two enclosed trailers with hazmat, confined space, high and low angle rescue equipment in them.
Currently the Fountain Inn Fire Department covers 42.31 square miles. Below is a breakdown by area:
City (GC) 5.28, City (LC) 1.88, GCFSA 16.38, LCFSA 18.77