While the city's plethora of historical sites speak volumes about the area's rich past, Fountain Inn's industrial community is raging forward. The level of industrial growth can be summed up in three words, location, location, location! Proximity to major airports and one of the most efficient ports in the nation add to the draw.
The Fountain Inn area has several existing industrial parks including Woodfield Industrial Park in Laurens County and Southchase Industrial Park in Greenville County. Located just off I-385 both Woodfield and Southchase houses such companies as Caterpillar, Kyocera Mita, Teknor Apex, GlaxoSmith Kline and Faurecia.
Business and Industrial Summary Companies desiring to locate a factory or headquarters could not select a better location than Fountain Inn. The following are just a few of the reasons Fountain Inn is a popular choice:
- Low cost of doing business
- Abundant labor source
- The Port of Charleston within 225 miles
- A world class technical college and university system
- Location along major north/south, east/west arteries
- South Carolina 's pro-business environment and rail accessibility
- Finally, 30% of Fountain Inn's land use is industrial, providing significant room for future growth.
Annexation Carolina Springs Update